Thursday, December 19, 2019

Skyrim Special Edition (2016 - 2019)

The Best Skyrim Mods As of the End of 2019

Mandatory Mods

There are some mods that would basically destroy the game if they weren't installed. You have no reason to not install them, or the changes/additions to them are simply so monumental to the base game that you're essentially brain dead if you do not use them while playing SSE on the PC.

Most of these are so obvious I won't bother to say anything.

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1704/images/266-0-1477512662.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266

SkyUI

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1704/images/12604-0-1506820354.png 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12604

SSE Engine Fixes

  

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230 

 

Graphical

Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM)

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1704/images/8655-1-1344844621.jpg 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/659 

Enhanced Texture Detail

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1704/images/74324-0-1458469957.png 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/992 

Not as well known as the previous mods, I feel like this is a great mod to stick to the vanilla artstyle of Skyrim. It's also relatively small, which is a huge pointer for me.

Vivid Weathers

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2187 

My preferred weathers mod. I feel it is the most optimal.

Immersion

Immersive World Encounters

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18330 

Depths of Skyrim

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26913 

Animated Armoury

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26913 

Adds more types of weapons, and has a patch for the following mod.

Immersive Weapon Integration

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22420 

Adds more weapons than "Immersive Weapons", it also has animations to go with new weapon types. Unfortunately, not compatible with Immersive Weapons.

Guards Armor Replacer

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22671 

The quality of this mod cannot be understated.

Dawnguard Sentries Plus

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13547 

Small mod that adds Dawnguard sentries at every major location. Very minor change, but nevertheless makes sense in the context of Dawnguard's story.

Glorious Fort Dawnguard

 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9317

There are supposed to be a lot of people at Fort Dawnguard. This makes the location further accommodate the actual story.

Run For Your Lives

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2272 

Bring Out Your Dead

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/323 

Diverse Skyrim

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7707 

The Falkreath Hauntings

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20733 

Civil War Aftermath

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3484 

The Great City Series

Specifically the entries for Winterhold, Falkreath and Morthal.

Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1704/images/18994/18994-1533245114-1467886195.jpeg 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19592 

No Spinning Death Animation

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1432 

 

Additions

Underwater Treasure

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17267 

Skyrim Immersive Creatures

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12680 

SkyTEST

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1104

Beasts of Tamriel

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5404 

Faction - Pit Fighter

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22513 

Diverse Dragons Collection

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/695 

Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1090 

Castle Volkihar Rebuilt

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/324 

Legacy of the Dragonborn

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11802 

Cloaks of Skyrim

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6369 

Fossil Mining

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14107 

Skyrim Unique Treasures

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5261 

Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6285 

 

Gameplay Changes

Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3928 

Immersive College of Winterhold

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17004 

Build Your Noble House

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18308 

Zartar's Character Behviors Enhanced

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26513 

Display Enemy Level

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18533?tab=posts 

Alternate Start - Live Another Life (+ New Beginnings)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4939 

Skyrim Skill Uncapper

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8889 

Complete Crafting, Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19924 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28608

 

New Lands

Specifically the ones I think will stand up to the test of time.

The Forgotten City

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1179 

The Wheels of Lull

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/748 

Clockwork

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4155 

 

Honorable Mentions

Helgen Reborn

Outdated and imbalanced (at least with the modloader), I feel much of the praise is aimed at how old it is, not how well it stands up.

Organized Bandits in Skyrim (OBIS) 

A pretty good mod, but I feel it makes pretty much every single place absolutely flooded with bandits. Though it gets easier when you level up, I feel it creates more problems than it fixes them. Plus with Immersive Weapon Integration + Animated Armoury, I feel more of the problems OBIS creates are fixed with this combination.

Moonpath to Elsweyr

Absolutely mindblowing that this was made before Creation Engine toolkit was released, but I feel like it still has tons of issues that could have been fixed. Maybe if they remake it in Beyond Skyrim: Elsweyr it'll be bumped onto the main list.

Beyond Skyrim: Bruma

I absolutely adore this mod, but it's incomplete as of now. It's still worth a download and playthrough, but Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil at the time of writing is relatively close to being released. I say just wait for the full mod instead of downloading this.

Audiobooks of Skyrim

Honestly, the only reason this isn't on the mainlist is because it doesn't have an option to turn off the popup window. It gets annoying when you're trying to just pick up a bunch of books, but it keeps being like "Do you want to listen to this book?" For now, I just want to draw attention to its existence.

A Quality World Map

A great mod, but I wouldn't consider an essential download.

No comments:

Post a Comment